




Ok, so it's getting worse and worse--I'm lagging behind on keeping this updated. I'm not sure it will get any better but please know I'm trying. :)
What can I say besides, life's busy? Busy-ness is nowhere near a valid excuse though because we are all busy. I have to be completely honest...I always wondered what stay-at-home moms actually filled their days with. I mean, I understand keeping the house clean, but that would take at most, what, eight hours a week max? And sure, you have to take care of the baby, so that takes some time too. But how much downtime do you actually have to watch TV and eat bon-bons?
I was so looking forward to having Kate last fall and I just had this little picture of what life post-delivery would be like. I'd have time to bake, and teach myself how to cook some new and exciting dinners for Jared. I'd get together for lunches with all the other stay-at-home moms. I'd have an emmaculate home, our cupboards would always be stocked with fresh groceries, and I'd have a perfectly happy baby.
I don't think I even have to say it, I had it allllllll wrong. Life is amazing, and wonderful, and I wouldn't change it for anything, but it's completely different than I had imagined. From diaper changes, spit-up, baths, feeding, book-reading, rocking, naptimes, fit-throwing (yes even at 5 months), dishes, endless laundry, vacuuming, picking up toys, books, husbands dirty clothes and shoes, scouring bathrooms, fielding a few phone calls for work, my life has never been so full as someone on payroll with a W-2.
But again, no excuses,we're busy just trying to get this thing called parenting down to a little more manageable task. I'm told it will get easier someday down the road. I'm not sure mothers of older children would agree, but I'll try to keep you posted until then...
3 comments:
Jill,
Oh my gosh! She is growing so fast. I hope that Josh and I will get to see you guys soon so we can meet Baby Kate! I hope all is well for you and your family. I miss you so much!
Love, Teresa
Teres--
We have to make a trip out there soon...I'm spending money as fast as I can on the Capital One for our free plane tickets.:) She's growing WAY too fast and she has to meet you and Josh before she goes off to college.haha I miss you!! I'll call you soon.
Love ya!
Jill
so funny....ditto!!!
love you!
Post a Comment