
So I told you in the Easter post I had a story...well, let me start by telling you that Jared and I have been married 5 years on May 31st, 2008! FIVE WHOLE YEARS! That seems like a lot to me...not like 40 or anything but a good start.
Anyway, we got almost all of our china for our wedding (yes our wedding 5 whole years ago). Probably unlike most of you, we had never used it...until Easter 2008. Yup, I pulled it lovingly out of the boxes it came in, washed them all tenderly by hand, hand dried them, carefully stacked (so as not to scratch one plate with another)them , and served our meal on them. Not only had the china not been used but our flatware had not either. So out those came..each lovely 5 piece place setting to go with the five piece place setting of china. Not that we know what the stupid little fork missing a prong is for, but wow do they look nice!
I'm being incredibly, incredibly careful. Jared lovingly calls me the most graceful clutz he knows.:) So I'm being VERY careful. They are washed and stacked on our dining room table in the middle awaiting the big weekend. I've been so careful and even though one bread and butter plate had a chip in it when I pulled it out, and one set of flatware had the frosted stainless finish instead of the shiny, I was doing realllly good. Until I went to put the table cloth on--I slid the plates toward myself in order to carefully pick them up and transfer--well, not only do the plate have the ability to scratch each other, but also hardwood! Yikes...not too bad after a dose of Old English.
Then after the holiday, I went to Dillards like any post bride would--to exchange/order the items that were damaged, or incorrect. Needless to say, I went as early as I could in order to miss the lunch hour traffice in the Promenade area. Kate and I arrived at 11am to find that the person that normally works in the registry area would not be in until noon. Naptime quickly approaching mind you.
Finally after two employees from other departments could not help, they went straight to the Manager of the entire store--after two short hours (yes I'm being facicious) we finally got to go home with one new set of flatware and an order of china...the box above arrived less than a week later with everything we needed to complete the set! Yea!
As they finished helping me, I had to remind them that at least we were still married after 5 years!
No comments:
Post a Comment