Saturday, August 18, 2007

Gambling in Reno/Fernley







So one of my oldest and best friends, Teresa McCallum, and her husband live in Fernley, NV. We have been wanting to go visit for a long time and we were especially anxious for Kate to meet them. So Kate and I flew out there on the 9th of July. We had a great time visiting, catching up, and being tourists together.:)

We spent one day in Virginia City (a touristy mining town not too far from where they live). We got to go to Farmer's Market in Reno, we looked at houses (they were in the market to buy and wanted my realtor two cents worth), toured the high school where Teresa teaches English, and yes, gambled.

Before you go judging me too harshly, you must know, that before we went, Jared had a dream that I played the quarter slot machines and won 6 million!!!! And he not only dreamed this once but TWICE!

He is so funny. Before I went he asked me if I thought I would see a slot machine while I was there? Um hello? This is Reno/Tahoe baby, there are slot machines in the airport, at the gas stations, and in the front of the grocery stores not to mention the casinos and bars! So yes, it wouldn't be a problem.

So I waited until the last day...here I was at the airport with $20 cash. We had an hour before the plane was leaving, what else was I going to do? Gamble...and win the big bucks! Well, lose I did and at least I did it fast cause there's nothing that feels worse to me than throwing money away.:)

Oh and I almost forgot to tell you about Pitch! Pitch is Teresa and Josh's dog...and Kate's new infatuation. She absolutely could not decide if she should crawl up on and kiss and squeeze the poor guy or go crawling for the hills. It was so funny. I think by the end of the week, Pitch was ready to say goodbye to Baby Kate.:)

P. S. Congrats on the new house guys!!!! Can't wait to come back for another visit!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pics! It looks like your busy summer turned out to be fun. Your Alaska pictures are awesome!! Any plans for Kate's big birthday?

Teresa