No words to describe but I'm going to try. Kate and I have been home sick for the past three days. I mean literally have not left the house except a brief jaunt to Cedaridge to unlock the doors (10 minute car-ride). So we've done our best to entertain each other, but as you can imagine she's a much better entertainer than I.
The night before last went something like this: rocking, singing, holding, reading to Kate til 2am, sleep til 3:30am, then more rocking, singing, holding, reading, begging Kate to go to sleep til 5am, sleep til 6:45am. Got up on the WRONG side of the bed...two short naps thanks to an over- zealous delivery guy who decided our package needed to be safely put on our back deck (which is literally outside my bedroom window). I thought someone was breaking into the house!
I went to bed at 9:30pm last night per Dr. Husband's orders. It was wonderful! I rarely have those days when I'm like, hey, it's 7:00am and my eyes are open and I'm happy about that and actually getting up and am really awake. So 7:30 Kate's up and she drinks her milk, I change her diaper, and we play in her playroom and read books until 9:30am. I decide it's a good time to take 5 minutes to check my email since I really didn't do that the day before...for you moms out there you understand the monumental amount of time I'm referring to. I'm still learning this fact.
Anyway, I had no more signed in (assuming she's still playing/reading in her playroom), when I hear this kind of scratchy thump thump. I look up and I see she's got this stick thing in her hand and she's thumping the ottoman in the living room with it. I have half an eye on her and go back to typing for about 3 1/2 seconds when I realize what she's holding---the toliet brush. I kid you not. I freaked out! My heart sinks as I view the ottoman with her DaVinci-type brush strokes of toliet water, and I follow the trail of droplets, puddles, and nastiness all the way back to the bathroom. So gross to me...I mean, you're talking to the girl who comes from a family who has probably lost brain cells because of the bleach usage...ask my in-laws. They still laugh about the time my mom bleached the street curbing because it was dirty. Needless to say, I should have bought stock in Clorox yesterday--had I only known.:)
A little later I called Jared to tell him what had happened. He found it hilarious--had himself a really good laugh...I guess sometimes that's all you can do.
Thursday, March 06, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I just love motherhood! Jack found a pile of dog do I had missed this morning! Yippee!
Sorry Jill, but I side with Jared and think that that is rather funny of Kate. Your little artist picked a nice piece of canvas to work on also.
Daniel
OH MY GOSH! That is hysterical. She was only trying to help clean house...she is a baby after her Aunt KeKe's heart.
Won't be sitting on that chair anytime soon. :) haha
I laughed so hard reading your post! I hope you guys are feeling better and that both you and Kate have recovered from the toilet brush incident! Love, Teres
I can just imagine the day!!!!
KM
Post a Comment